2 January 2012

Why I Loved 2011

2011 has been a good year over all. Some nice highs and very few bad lows.
Here are a few of my highlights:
  • Attending Conventions - Me and my husband went to Easter Con and Fantasy Con, and in between those I went to Alt.Fiction. I had fun, met interesting people and got to spend time in a world that I would like to be more involved with. My goal when going to conventions in future is to try and push myself forward a bit more and meet/chat to more people.
  • First Publication - My short story Lupa di Roma was published in Title Goes Here Magazine, Web Edition 1.10 - October 2011. This made me very happy and proud. I have had another short story acceptance, there will be more about that later.
  • Twitter - After recommendations from a few different sources I decided to take the plunge and start using Twitter. I've had some great conversations and met (in a virtual sense at least) a lot of lovely people on Twitter. I can be found on Twitter as @ctjhill.
  • Apocalypse Girls - A few months ago I was invited to join The Girls' Guide to Surviving the Apocalypse. It's a fun blogging project about anything and everything to do with the apocalypse. Some great, creative women are contributing and I heartily recommend you check it out. We're also on Twitter as @ApocalypseGirls.
I'm hoping I can build on these successes this year. Plus I'm planning a few changes in my offline life, so I hope those go well.

1 comment:

  1. Loved your highlights and excited to say I had a few of the same. Here's to a mega exciting year for all the #Apocalypse Girls, whatever we do :-)

    ReplyDelete